Wed, Oct 18|
Seed Starting Spring Flowers
Register for this workshop to learn about fall seed starting for spring cut flower garden from local flower farmer, Reyna of Blooms on Lincoln Ave.
Time & Location
Oct 18, 2023, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Fresno, 736 Fulton St, Fresno, CA 93721, USA
About the event
Do you love spring flowers? Are you interested in growing a cut flower garden? Join us for a special workshop with local flower farmer Reyna from Blooms on Lincoln Ave. and learn all about fall seed starting for a spring cut-flower garden! All skill levels are welcome.
Reyna will cover all things fall planting and why it's so valuable in the Central Valley. You will receive detailed instructions on how Reyna grows many flowers, including ranunculus and anemones on the farm. As a workshop attendee, you will:
- Learn how to master seed-starting, including her tips & tricks.
- Gain hands-on experience in planting hardy annual cut flower seeds.
- Learn how to plant corms.
- Receive a workbook with all the instructions to take home.
- Get a take-home “goody bag” including a seed packet of a hardy annual flower and a small mix of ranunculus and anemone corms.
- Have first access to purchase heirloom seeds (collected from the farm), specialty variety corms, and limited seedlings for your garden.
- Create memories and share laughter with old or new friends.
You will leave this workshop feeling confident in how to fall plant, what to fall plant, when to fall plant, and why! We encourage you to bring all your questions.
The workshop will take place inside the Sunstereo Warehouse (736 Fulton Street, downtown Fresno) on Wednesday, October 18, between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.